HOW DO I FIX LESA ARMOUR JOINT IN POSITION?
There are three options:
- Lesa Armour Joint can be pinned into the sub-base, (pins are supplied) or
- Bolted to concrete pads (or a concrete strip).
- Where used as an edge form, fabricated mounting brackets are available.
WHAT TYPES OF FINISH ARE AVAILABLE AND WHICH FINISH IS APPROPRIATE FOR MY JOB?
Four types of finish are available:
- Black steel. Suitable for most interior floors.
- Galvanising. Used for all exterior locations, or for interior locations where wet vehicle tyres are likely.
- Stainless Steel. An option for the most aggressive environments.
- Epoxy paint. This may be the necessary finish in some food acid environments eg fruit juices.
IS IT MORE ECONOMICAL TO USE TYPE BE OR TYPE A WITH TIMBER BOXING?
Many contractors have given us the answer to this question. For their first project, they may use Type A fixed to timber, plus Diamond Dowels, to "save cost". For their second and subsequent projects, they use Type B. While the up front cost is higher, it is so much faster to use Type B, that any perceived saving is soon lost. Type B can be used within a pour, or as an edge form. If it is used as an edge form, the next pour can be the next day, without further stripping or set-up work.