Pentra-Sil® (NL) HD+C is a water-based, clear, dissipating membrane-forming curing compound, hardener and densifier that surpasses ASTM C-309 Liquid Membrane- Forming Compounds for Curing Concrete moisture retention requirements. This single component application forms a tougher, abrasion resistant surface compared to traditional methods requiring post-densification (28 days later) Excellent for commercial and industrial concrete floors that need long-term protection against heavy wear and abuse, moisture, dirt and grime build up. This earth friendly/bio based compound contains no solvents and has a VOC content ˂100g /L making it compliant in all regions of The United States.
The patent pending, all-in-one lithium formula is applied to fresh concrete slabs immediately after finishing operations are complete. The unique chemistry forms a film on the surface, restricting the amount of water that can evaporate from the concrete, while at the same time allowing the lithium silicate component to penetrate and react with the free-lime and de hydrated cement particles to improve both the curing and the hardening characteristics. This product also
provides substantial benefits over solvent-based or older water-based curing technologies because it does not need sunlight to dissipate and will begin to breakdown within 14-28 days eliminating the cost associated with cleaning hard –to-remove curing compounds.
• Meets actual ASTM C-309 moisture retention.
• Cost effective, one step curing and hardening.
• Easy auto-scrub final clean up.
• Contributes to LEED EQ credit 4.2
Meeting ASTM C-309 is important. Preventing the floor from damaging effects of spills and stains or hard-to-remove curing compounds is important too. Our new all-in-one does both, eliminating up to 4 steps vs, traditional post hardening methods.
Typically densifiers take too long to dry if applied at the recommend application rate, making them difficult to apply before curing. Either they are applied at lower than recommended application rates prior to conventional curing in order to get the curing compound applied post curing, usually after 28 days. When extensive and expensive cleaning is required, to remove curing resins and staining. A post-curing hardener application can also require chemical stripping and cleaning, pressure washing, or even light sand blasting to prep the floor for proper densifier application. With Pentra-Sil® (NL) HD+C the slab is densified and protected during construction, and the final cleanup is much easier, leaving the owner with a better looking at slab turnover.
• Cures, hardens and densifies in a single application immediately after finishing.
• Easy to apply, ready to use liquid can be applied by either the concrete finishing contractor or sub- contractor.
• Saves money and time reducing costly labor steps in application, cleaning and post re-applications.
• Does not need sunlight to dissipate and will begin to breakdown within 14-28 days reducing costs associated with curing compound removal.
• Non-soluble / non expansive Lithium will not absorb water or cause the floor to sweat (surface sweating syndrome).
• Minimizes hairline cracking, dusting, spalling, and other surface defects common to improperly cured concrete.
• Provdies improved resistance to chemicals, oil, grease, de icing salts, and abrasion during construction.
• provides an attractive sheen that enhances the natural appearance of concrete.
• Easy 1 step curing and hardening application.
• Permits easy cleanup and housekeeping reduces floor maintenance costs.
• Minimizes excessive shrinkage, thermal cracking, dusting and defects.
• Can be employed as an anti-carbonation coating.
• Will not contribute to surface crazing or surface ASR.
• Reduces alkalinity and efflorescence.
Applicable Standards / Testing
ASTM C1315, Type 1 Class A
ASTM C309, Type 1 Class A & B
AASHTO M-148, Type 1 Class A
Moisture Retention: ASTM C-309: ˂0.52 kg/m2 in 72 hours (*0.55 kg/m2 max)
Form: Milky white liquid, dries clear, substrate will darken slightly and have a glossy appearance.
Solids: Content 30%
Weight/gal: 8.50+/-0.015 lbs/gal.
Specific Gravity: 1.11
Flash Point: N/A
VOC Content: 92 g/L*
Freeze Point: 32 ̊ F(0 ̊C)
Depth Of Surface Penetration: 2-8mm
Complies with all applicable VOC less than 100g/L standards.
Keep from freezing. Shelf life is 12 months from date of manufacture in un-opened containers.
PRECAUTIONS / LIMITATIONS
Do not apply when ambient or concrete surface temperatures are below 40 ̊F (4 ̊C).
Do not apply over, or squeegee. Surfaces treated with Pentra-Sil® (NL) HD+C may become slippery under certain conditions or until dry.
Read and follow application information and use in accordance with the Health and Safety information shown on the label. Refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for complete health and safety information.
COVERAGE / TREATMENT YEILD
Applied at a rate of 400-600 ft2/gallon. Coverage: Broomed surface-400 sq. ft/gal. (9.82 m/L). Troweled surface-600 sq. ft/gal. (14.73 sq. m/L) Drying time: Depends on weather conditions and coverage, but will generally dry in 1-3 hours @ 70 ̊ F (21 ̊C). Drying times may be extended depending on application rate, temperature, humidity and project conditions. Restrict foot traffic for at least 4 hours. 12 hours is preferable.
PRIMARY INDUSTRIAL MARKETS SERVED
- Commercial & Institutional
- Business Office Buildings
- Correctional institutions
- Retail & shopping centers
- Schools/education facilities
- Sports & entertainment venues.